If you are considering offering drug and alcohol testing in the workplace, this course is for you.
The course content includes:
The awareness module learning components
- The main drugs of choice and UK drug trends
- Drug impairment and how drugs will affect performance in different ways.
- The signs, symptoms and recognition of drug and alcohol use
- Legal Highs – Current legislation & how they can impact on workplace drug policies
- Alcohol the facts
- How to calculate alcohol decay rates
- The legal status and classification of drugs
- Drug and alcohol from a health and safety perspective
Drug and alcohol testing, training module
The training course will give you the tools to help you to set up or offer your own testing procedures.
The course will teach you when testing can be carried out and how it can be carried out. We will help you to work out the most cost effective ways of testing & the types of tests available to help you to achieve your aims.
Our competitors insist that you use one type of test only. We explain the differences between the testing methods so that you can make an informed decision about what type of testing suits you and your business.
The course typically covers:
- Testing methods and detection times for both drugs and alcohol
- Retention times for the most popular drugs
- Testing procedures – this involves delegates testing each other during the course, to ensure deep seated learning.
- Conducting the tests
- Reading the results
- Recording the results
- What to do with staff who provide non-negative test results
- Understanding false positive and false negative results
- Performing Chain of Custody tests
- Taking breath samples for alcohol testing
- The taking of prescription and over the counter medications and the resulting implications/challenges for Companies.
The training takes you through the clinical processes and procedures for taking samples, and ensuring that both initial point of care tests and second line ‘chain of custody’ samples are taken in conditions, which make the testing legally defensible.
The training will take you through the differences between urine and saliva testing, including the advantages and disadvantages of both types of testing. It will also cover the difference in using Police approved breath testing machines versus, one off alcohol tests.
By the end of the training you will have gained the knowledge and practical skills to enable you to move forward with your own testing. In addition we give you continuous ongoing support to give you peace of mind.
In addition we give you the training booklets, consent forms, the guidelines for conducting urine and/or saliva testing, help formulating drug policies, and certification.
All this for £245.00 + VAT fully inclusive. Please contact us to book your place.